MANGO MANIA IS STILL ON!!!
YE AAM (common) fruit nahi AAAAMMMM HAI☺️!!!
Haha.. Seriously mangoes and mangoes.. Everywhere.. Can’t resist myself from trying all its dessert recipes.
Actually this is one of the easiest nd least laborious dessert I have made ever. Sorbet is actually an ice water dessert, can be made of any juicy and fleshy fruits.
Just take the pulp out and blend it until well blended.. Just like smoothies.
I have added mint leaves for refreshing strokes in between while slurping them😋.
This recipe can be served to 6 people.
- 2 ripe and roughly blocked mangoes
- 1 can pineapple slices.. I have used Del Monte.. If using the fresh fruit, then take 8 big roundels or 2 cups chopped pineapples.
- 1/2 cup water to mix in mango sorbet
- For pineapple sorbet, I have used the whole sugar syrup left in the can. If taking fresh pineapple, then take 1/2 cup water for it too.
- 4 tsp sugar for mango sorbet and 4 tsp sugar for pineapple sorbet if using fresh cut pineapples.
- 1 tsp lemon juice for mango sorbet
- 1 tsp lemon juice for pineapple sorbet
- Handful of chopped mint leaves
Take 1/2 cup water in a saucepan. Add 4 tsp sugar into it. Boil until it reduces to half of its original quantity. Let it cool completely.
Now take the chopped mangoes in a mixer jar and blend until smooth.
Add the reduced sugar syrup and lemon juice into it. Mix well by giving pulses on your mixer machine.
Repeat the same for pineapple sorbet. If using the canned one, add the remaining sugar syrup of the can after taking the slices out into it including lemon juice.
Now sprinkle chopped mint leaves and mix well into both. After adding leaves don’t run your mixer. Just mix with the help of spoon. This bits of mint will give a very nice look on your sorbet while scooping it out in your serving bowl.
Now store the sorbet in an airtight container for 6-7 hrs to set. I mixed both the sorbet in layers as we do for marble cake batter and gave a swirl. You can set separately too.
Take the container out 15 minutes before from the freezer and refrigerate. In this way, the stoned sorbet will be soft enough to scoop out easily.
Enjoy this SORBET!!!
Will be back with another MANGO MANIAC RECIPE😄 Till then…..